Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog Post #1

About me....

   My name is Frederic Robinson and I'm a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I am originally from Grand Bay, AL. I'm majoring in Physical Education. I have a huge passion about teaching and educating young adults, to help create for them a better future. My favorite college team is Auburn University and professional is the Carolina Panthers. I also love coaching, and have a major desire to become a high school basketball or collegiate head coach. I am married to a wonderful wife and have a 10 month old little girl. A few of my favorite hobbies are fishing, basketball, and recording and writing music. I have two cds released, one is called "My Testimony" and the other is called "Life Music." I love listening to music as well. Overall, I'm a down to earth kind of guy and hopefully, I can one day become a great teacher and coach, and make a huge impact throughout society in a positive way.




Randy Pausch on Time Management 


   I'm glad that I watched this video on time management by Randy Pausch, because one of my biggest struggles is time management, in and out of class. It always seems to be so many things to do, but so little time to do them. Randy pointed out great adjustments to help me to not waste time, like planning and goal setting. These things seem so simple but few humans actually practice them. He also brought out the fact that Americans are good with money but bad about managing time to enjoy it, which I also find to be true. We work hard all week and finally receive our check, but the free time we have is spent paying bills or some other responsibility. I love the fact that I can now ask, "What will happen if I don't do this," this will help me choose what is most important and will help to free up time to enjoy life as well as manage time for family and school work. Finally, there is comfort in knowing that all of these principles come with experience and some failure, and that doing things right is not as important as doing the right things.

3 comments:

  1. Go Saints! But we will have to be very careful around the Panthers next year!

    You will watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture later this semester. It is a powerful and moving video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your RSS Feed is to YOUR blog, not the class blog. Change the URL to the URL for the Class Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reviewing your post, I noticed we share a thing or two in common. I am very passionate about the game of football, and also have a strong desire to reach the new generation through the classroom. But there's one small thing I can't agree with you on, and that's the fact you're a tiger. I will admit though, tiger blood is awefully sweet, especially when it comes with a crystal football, Roll Tide buddy.

    ReplyDelete