Sunday, March 11, 2012

C4T Summary #2

C4K Summary


Pic of a kids being bullied





Bully BanN was my first C4T, posted in Connected Principals, by Amber Teamann. Amber Teamann is an assistant principal at Luna Elementary in Garland, Texas. In this blog Amber was speaking about a nine year old kid named Montana Lance who hung himself because of School bullying. Amber addressed the concerns of the teacher and explained what steps we must take to address and fix the issue. I honestly believe that school bullying is under estimated. Amber spoke about how so many teachers are underpaid and how so many children complain about cases unnecessary, which both are true. But as we both agreed, this is no excuse! If we take on the role of teacher, we should take the whole pie, and monitoring our children is necessary. Yes, even with the false alarms and under-payment, we should do our best. Put it this way, what if it was your child, how would you respond?


This was a great post and should be highly regarded by all teachers. Again, part of being a teacher is being a mentor as well.




My reply to Amber's Post:
My name is Frederic Robinson and I attend The University of South Alabama. I’m in a class called EDM310 and this is how I found your post. I first want to thank you for sharing this post about Montana Lance with the world. I know a lot of times we try to cover up reality, but this issue must be faced and fixed. Any person with a heart and children can understand your point of view about bullying being banned. I’m glad that you adressed the concerns of the teachers because I believe that children complaining about being picked on can be a little over the top at times. Not to mention, the teachers have their own personal problems at home and the basic issue of life to deal with. But I agree, none of these things when compared with a human’s life is acceptable. If we accept the role of a teacher, we need to understand that it is more than books and lecture. It’s lives and the problems that these little children bring into our classroom. We should study our children and learn how to deal with each individual differently. And if we look through the eyes of that person being bullied, that will indeed help us understand the importance of banning this movement. We can make a change, one step of speaking out at a time.
I will soon write a review on my personal blog and you can also visit our class blog by clicking the link. Thank you again for sharing this post, it will help me monitor my class more effectively in the near future. Well, take care and please continue to make a difference in the lives of our future generation.


My second C4T was Surving a Leadership Undercurrent written by Brian Nichols. Nichols is currently the executive director of School Leadership in Newport News Public Schools. He was named Outstanding Young Educator for 2010 by ASCD. 


Nichols brought out an amazing way to handle oppostion, when leading a new idea. We know that people don't always respond so positive to change. So Nichols in his evaluation and experience said that we should not fight against but, “swim perpendicular to the direction of the undercurrent.” In others words, when people disagree, we should not always fight directly against them, because two negatives equals a negative. We should instead mantian a positive mindset and try to reason with your opposers. Now of course, we won't convince everyone, but I'm sure with a little time and effort, we can convert some.


I will implement this style of teaching into my efforts of innovation. This post by Nichols was a great eye opener for me. And with a little sacrifice, I'm sure that we can even pass this down in classrooms, homes, and more! Great Post!




My Reply to Brian Nichol's Post:

Hi Brian,
My name is Frederic Robinson and I attend The University of South Alabama. I’m in a class called EDM310, which directed me to this page. I have to say, I’m glad it did. As I was reading your post, I think I caught a chill on the revelation that was given about how to handle a undercurrent. I never really thought of handling oppostion in such a way, but now I can. So we must not fight against but, “swim perpendicular to the direction of the undercurrent.” This is very healthy advice not only for teachers but all leaders, even in homes, churches, and etc. We all face issues when trying something new, but it always helps to discover how to control yourself. I think someone said, “you can’t control what happens to you, but you can control how you respond.” Great Post!
I will write a summary about what I read on your blog on my personal blog in the near future, you can also visit our class blog , so please stop by from time to time. I look forward to reading more of your post in the future. Well, best of wishes and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment