Thursday, April 26, 2012

C4T NEW




C4T Summary




My C4T teacher of the month's name was Jabiz. He said that he is a, "Amateur writer, musician, photographer, filmmaker and all around provocateur, I am persistently preaching the gospel of sharing and open expression for students and teachers alike." 


C4T




Jabiz is this post called Support Esther in the Bay To Breakers, he spoke about help these lest fortunate African students, who struggled to receive education. It spoke about in this post how many Kenyans received violent treatment just for being smart. While us Americans have drop-out rates that are unbelievable! This really stirred my emotions because while they are fighting just to learn, we are barely fighting to teach our children, and keep them in school. Some, may disagree, but the proof is in the numbers and results, talk is cheap.


My reply: 



Hi Jabiz!
My name is Frederic Robinson and I attended the University of South Alabama. I’m in a class called EDM310 and I’m studying Physical Education.
I read about the Daraja program and was saddened and amazed all in one. I was sad that these children want to learn but can hardly find anyone to support them financially. I was glad and amazed when I read about Esther and her story of being rescued. She said in one post, ““Nothing is more important than my education,” Esther said. “I overcome difficulties because that is what we must do. For me to have a future, I focus on my education.” The thing that really convicts me the most is that we have children in America dropping out of school for no reason, while people in Kenya children are being molested and taken advantage of just because their smart students, and want education. So thank you guys for all your doing to make a difference in these childrens lives. I will surely keep them in prayer and consider on donationing soon.

2nd Post



My second review was a post by Jabiz called Launch Forth. This post was mainly about connection. Jabiz used a piece of peotry by Walt Whitman, who was a old-time poet, who wrote about social media, before it even existed! Go read this post(Launch Forth) for more details. 


I really loved this post because Jabiz talked about the loneliness that a person experiences without someone to connect to. Some say that's why people long for God, because they want a connection with a higher source. Jabiz, says that the internet is a great source for connecting the world together, in which I agree. I did say that social media is not a god to me, nor religion, but it does help connect the world together. So rather, I see it as a gift from God, that can be used for the good of mankind, or the moral destruction of many, it's our choice.


My Reply:


Hi Jabiz!
My name is Frederic Robinson and I attended the University of South Alabama. I’m in a class called EDM310 and I’m studying Physical Education. I wrote you last week.
I just read your post about Walt Whitman and Ze Frank. I watched the video by Ze Frank and was impressed. I'm currently doing a study on Walt Whitman for Literature class and I'm a christian artist, who sings rap. So I can appreciate both Frank and Whitman. Whitman for releasing life on paper and Frank for connecting to people. You also talked about connecting. We must all connect with someone, it's a part of life. The internet can be a great tool for connection if used properly. I don't beleive it to be a god or a source of religion but rather a tool allowed by God to connect the world and better our nations(if used properly). Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, they are always helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment